POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner colony (again) : Re: Spinner colony (again) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:09:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner colony (again)
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Feb 2015 03:24:39
Message: <54ec3547@news.povray.org>
Le 24/02/2015 02:45, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> I tried turning on the atmosphere and area light in my latest version of
> the spaceship interior, but after 10 hours the render was at 8% and
> hadn't reached the slow bits yet. I will try again in 10 years. :(

What size of area light (in term of row & column) did you try ?
(did you try a preview with only 2x2 area lights, to get an idea of time
to render ?)
What option (adaptative ? +AM2 or +AM1 ?) are you using to speed up area
lights ?

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.