POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner colony (again) : Re: Spinner colony (again) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:59:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner colony (again)
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 18 Feb 2015 01:17:29
Message: <54e42e79@news.povray.org>
I have curved the solar panels and agridomes. They look a lot more sleek
now.

I am also still working on a solution for the viewport flickering. I've
at least reduced it somewhat by making the spindles in the outer shell
thinner. I don't like how this looks, but maybe adding a few more curves
here and there will make it look better.

Lastly, I'm still trying to figure out how to reflect sunlight onto the
agridomes. I'm considering a paraboloid directly "above" them (from the
standpoint of someone standing inside the agridome), but space is tight.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_16.png' (310 KB)

Preview of image 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_16.png'
gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_16.png