POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner colony (again) : Re: Spinner colony (again) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:49:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner colony (again)
From: Alain
Date: 13 Feb 2015 20:54:55
Message: <54deaaef$1@news.povray.org>
Le 15-02-12 18:25, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> On 2/12/2015 4:02 PM, Alain wrote:
>>> Segmenting the light source would create strange shadows on the
>>> interior. Not sure what you mean about the pavement and 6 sections. I
>>> would like to make the light source more yellow, but haven't figured out
>>> how. Here's the LightSys code I use:
>>>
>>> #local Lightsys_Scene_Scale    = Meters * 100;            // 1 = 1cm?
>>> #local light_lumens        = 2;                    // float
>>> #local light_temp        = Daylight(6100);            // float in
>>> kelvin°
>>> #local light_color        = Light_Color(light_temp, light_lumens);
>>
>> If you reduce the value for Daylight() somewhat, it will get yellower,
>> and to a redish tint if you reduce it enough.
>> Try something like:
>> #local light_temp        = Daylight(5950);
>>

>> Alain
>

> Here's the material for the central axis lamp. I would like it to look a
> little dimmer and yellower. What should I change?
>

> texture {pigment {gamma_color_adjust(light_color) transmit 1}}
> interior
> {
>      media
>      {
>          emission gamma_color_adjust(light_color)
>          density
>          {
>              cylindrical
>              color_map
>              {
>                  [0 srgb 0]
>                  [1 srgb 1]
>              }
>              scale    lamp_radius
>              rotate    x * 90
>          }
>      }
> }

If you change:
emission gamma_color_adjust(light_color)

so it becomes this:
emission gamma_color_adjust(light_color)*<0.9, 0.89, 0.75>

it will get dimmer and yellower, a bit on the redish side.
Experiment with that added parameter untill you get something that you like.

You may also lower the value used for the DayLight() macro, it will also
shift the hue toward the red end of the spectrum with a side effect of a
globaly dimmer intensity.
The value is the light's temperature in K°.

If you reduce the value used for "light_lumens", the intensity will be
reduced keeping the same hue.

Alain