POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spinner colony (again) : Re: Spinner colony (again) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:36:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spinner colony (again)
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 10 Feb 2015 13:11:12
Message: <54da49c0@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2015 7:06 PM, Alain wrote:
> I see two solutions:
> 1 - Place the domes closer to the station's body, maybe in a circle
> around it and push the pannels outward beyong the domes.

This is interesting. This would induce "gravity", but the exposure to
the sun would not be as good since the domes would all face inwards.

> 2 - Keep the current geometry, but rotate the domes or pannels 90°
> arount the main axis of the station.
>
> Alain

Not sure if I understand. You mean at right angles with respect to each
other? I think Le_Forgeron has a better idea in this case.

Except that I think both of you misunderstand. The *entire* station does
not rotate around the central axis. Just the inner shell (currently
colored blue) rotates. The outer shell remains fixed. I don't have a
good explanation why I chose to do it this way.

Anyway, I've attached my latest design. The panels and domes are no
longer blocking each other. But I think it is ugly. :(

What do you think?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_05.png' (507 KB)

Preview of image 'gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_05.png'
gh_scene_spinner_cutaway_05.png