POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Stop rendering using a break statement : Re: Stop rendering using a break statement Server Time
16 May 2024 09:00:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stop rendering using a break statement
From: scott
Date: 9 Feb 2015 03:14:25
Message: <54d86c61$1@news.povray.org>
> No. For example I may want frames 1-3 and 5-6 parsed and rendered, but
> not frame 4. Your suggestion doesn't work in this case.

Do you not want frame 4 rendered to save time, or because you physically
don't want the file to be created?

If you want to save time, but don't mind the file being there, then just
let it render an empty scene with no objects for the frames you don't
want, it will only add a fraction of a second.

It should be easy if you could render another .pov file, and put
something like this in it:

#if(frame_number<>4) // or whatever condition
  #include "mainPOVscene.pov"
#end