POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Stop rendering using a break statement : Re: Stop rendering using a break statement Server Time
16 May 2024 00:57:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stop rendering using a break statement
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 8 Feb 2015 14:43:26
Message: <54d7bc5e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 08/02/2015 20:26, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Is there a easy way to stop rendering based on a condition, sort of like
> a break statement in a loop? I know I can wrap my entire scene in a
> condition, but I am hoping there is something simpler. Thanks.

The scene is parsed 100% before the render starts. So, no, from the SDL
you cannot control the interruption of the rendering.

On Unix/linux, you can send a signal to the process, and it will catch
it, and stop a few moments after (the front-end thread will stop giving
works to the back-ends' ones... sort of, then collect them all and exit:
if you are rendering at 1pph or less, a few moments can still take a
long time)

I do not know for the window's port. I used to see a "stop" button
somewhere.

Notice that interrupting a render will not, on any platform, provide a
partial picture-file output. NOT.