POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : unexplained : Re: unexplained Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:37:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unexplained
From: James Holsenback
Date: 31 Jan 2015 23:20:32
Message: <54cda990@news.povray.org>
On 01/31/2015 09:59 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 01.02.2015 um 02:37 schrieb James Holsenback:
>>>
>>> No kidding? Slavery has been prohibited as far as I know... :-\
>>>

>> Nope not kidding ... was let go from my contract this past Wednesday
>> when I was asked to go to 12hrs a day and said that I just couldn't
>> physically do it.
>
> Ouch. That's no fun either way.
>
> Thinking that in Germany it is a criminal offense to employ people for
> more than 50 hours a week on average, or more than 10 hours on any
> day... then again, contract work might be a legal way around that here,
> too.

In some states in US it's also illegal, but where I'm at (Kentucky) they
rank at the bottom for labor laws

> Just wondering though whether the company will be better off with one of
> their contractors now working 0 hours rather than 10...

Yeah ... I don't see the logic either, people are dropping like flies
and they are having major staffing problems. Just got a text from a
friend still there and they're running with a short crew tonight, she's
an older person like myself and dead run off her feet. I'm hoping to win
the lottery tonight so I can rescue her from that hell-hole