POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : unexplained : Re: unexplained Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:44:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unexplained
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jan 2015 21:59:37
Message: <54cd9699$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.02.2015 um 02:37 schrieb James Holsenback:
>> On 13-1-2015 20:02, James Holsenback wrote:
>>> Well my job (10hrs a day 7 days a week) is a black hole ...
>>
>> No kidding? Slavery has been prohibited as far as I know... :-\
>>

> Nope not kidding ... was let go from my contract this past Wednesday
> when I was asked to go to 12hrs a day and said that I just couldn't
> physically do it.

Ouch. That's no fun either way.

Thinking that in Germany it is a criminal offense to employ people for
more than 50 hours a week on average, or more than 10 hours on any
day... then again, contract work might be a legal way around that here, too.

Just wondering though whether the company will be better off with one of
their contractors now working 0 hours rather than 10...