POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saturn Ring - Second wip : Re: Saturn Ring - Second wip / POV version 3.71 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:50:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saturn Ring - Second wip / POV version 3.71
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Jan 2015 10:40:30
Message: <54c3bcee@news.povray.org>
For different reasons, I have decided to use different ring thicknesses
according to the views. Overviews - like this one - uses thicker rings
than close ups. This implies also different ring parameters.

Here, the ring structure is conspicuously determined by the method 3
scattering media with a wave density pattern. This last also uses a
density map with real colours taken from a ring photograph. They are
much subdued here, I guess because the ring particles are of a uniform
texture ans should also bear the same pigment map pattern. Something I
need to test.

My first image using alpha version 3.71, incorporating the new
brilliance code in radiosity and in finish. However, settings are
conservative so nothing really different is visible at present.

I wanted to test the non-linear gradients but was unable to make it
work. From Clipka's note I assumed it should be added to the color or
pigment map blocks but that gives an error, as also added to the pigment
block. I need some guidance here.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message