POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : unexplained : Re: unexplained Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:50:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unexplained
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jan 2015 17:04:45
Message: <54c2c57d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.01.2015 um 19:25 schrieb James Holsenback:

> I'm unable to get a clean build after beta6 and I don't have time to
> troubleshoot.

beta6? Wait, that's UberPOV, isn't it?

It was my understanding that we were talking about fixing POV-Ray proper
for now. Once we have that sorted out, it can be merged into UberPOV.

> Wooo hoo I'm getting my 1st day off (this coming sunday)
> since the 1st of the year, and I'm not inclined to spend that time
> trying to unravel.

Can't blame you :D

> I DID however notice you made a change on the Wiki to
> the "Strings" documentation. What time frame are you looking at for a
> release? There have been other doc changes since last release and I'd
> like to pick up the changes and post the new doc sets if there aren't
> any more changes.

As for a full-fledged official release, with installer and all, I guess
you'll have to ask Chris about that one. He had intended to do a build
earlier this month, but it seems like real life interfered.

I've just released a new semi-official development build (see
povray.beta-test), but that's just a drop-in replacement for the binary,
without any docs.