POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7 : Re: Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:00:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7
From: clipka
Date: 22 Jan 2015 15:18:28
Message: <54c15b14$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.01.2015 um 18:23 schrieb gregjohn:

> If there were some new rule-of-thumb that would allow me to quickly fix the
> scene, please let me know.  Could it be that povray is "not allowing" compound
> transformations?

There is no intentional change to the behaviour of compound
transformations whatsoever, meaning that such constructs /should/ work
exactly the same as in 3.6. Also, there have been no known issues with
them so far, and therefore obviously no known solution to your problem
either.

To investigate this matter, we'd need a complete scene to look at. Given
that the "wooden guy" is just spheres and therefore excludes blobs as a
potential source of problems, that's the one I'd like to work with.

If you are reluctant to post a complete scene in the newsgroups, please
send it to christoph, at lipka-koeln, dot de.

Given that IIRC you posted about this before, I presume you were
unsuccessful in trimming down the scene to something more simple, so I
refrain from asking you to try and do just that.