POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to generate grain boundaries ? : Re: How to generate grain boundaries ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:38:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to generate grain boundaries ?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 22 Jan 2015 13:18:02
Message: <54c13eda@news.povray.org>
Le 21/01/2015 23:34, z.ss.ulr a écrit :
> Dear friends , Please visit link below :
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/CrystalGrain.jpg
>
> I am a beginner with Pov-Ray , Yet I wonder is there anyone who could help me to
> create a code which generates a photo similar to the one above ?
>
> any help is greatly appreciated

If you want absolute control and voronoi-cell like (which grains might
be like), have a look at

http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron#masonry

(It's not part of the official pov-ray, it's on a parallel branch), for
grain, the texture map is probably far simpler and less colorful than in
the illustration.