POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saturn Ring - Second wip : Re: Saturn Ring - Second wip Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saturn Ring - Second wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Jan 2015 10:06:10
Message: <54bfc062@news.povray.org>
A number of corrections further and some thoughts more.

I have reduced the thickness exaggeration of the ring to 100m instead of
10m or less in reality. This is as far as I can go without breaking up
the render, in particular the media. Accordingly, I have reduced the
sizes of individual ring particles. Saturn reflects on the shadow sides
of the particles.

The A ring is there beyond the Cassini division (not filled in yet) but
is invisible as it is seen on the edge which is also in the shadow.

I am still not sure yet how I am going to fill-in the complex
"propeller" features reaching up to 2.5 to 3km above the ring surface. I
have more of those to build as patches towards the rim, and then we'll see.

Altitude of the camera: 5km above the ring.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: