POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fabric simulation : Re: fabric simulation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fabric simulation
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jan 2015 02:17:31
Message: <54ae2f0b@news.povray.org>
On 08/01/2015 05:04, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> I find Blender to be a massive pain to use.I can't import my models into it
> from povray, which is the only place I ever create models, and the interface is
> a clunky mass of mystery meat.

The interface is a lot better than it was.

Bishop3D can import a subset of SDL. But it only works with version 3.6
It is now freeware.

> Aside from that, you're left trying to find a triangle resolution that doesn't
> leave the surface looking patchy.
>
> I tried using Megapov's cloth simulator, once, and felt that there were way too
> many parameters.

You really need a lot of parameters. I use Poser's Cloth room and that
has a score or more.

> And lastly, sometimes it's more fun to do things the hard way, and sometimes,
> the hard way is actually better than the easy way.

There we differ. :-)

> but, as you will.
>
> I posted the link because I found the article interesting.

I thought it was interesting and the results outstanding.
You could, with a lot of work, create your own "CT" scan as a df3. Using
PovRay.

--

Regards
     Stephen