POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : font rendering issue, left-jutting bar in capital G of Respective font : Re: font rendering issue, left-jutting bar in capital G of Respective font Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:34:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: font rendering issue, left-jutting bar in capital G of Respective font
From: clipka
Date: 4 Jan 2015 00:23:06
Message: <54a8ce3a@news.povray.org>
Am 04.01.2015 um 05:23 schrieb jmichae3:

> perhaps GNU GMP library should be used instead of normal floating point ops to
> get more precision?

Certainly not; while it does /look/ like a precision issue, throwing
higher precision at it when we don't know what's really going on there
would only guarantee that font rendering would be significantly slowed
down. Even if it does solve the problem, I don't think we want to do
that just because two individual glyphs in a single font that gives us
issues.

As a matter of fact, with the Demo version of this font I do see issues
even in Microsoft Word (albeit with other characters), indicating that
the font is of questionable quality despite its price tag.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'respective.png' (16 KB)

Preview of image 'respective.png'