POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saturn Ring - a first wip : Saturn Ring - a first wip Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:06:17 EDT (-0400)
  Saturn Ring - a first wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Jan 2015 10:17:47
Message: <54a8081b@news.povray.org>
Following the little discussion in the thread Saturn's Greetings, I
started to explore the ring structure. This is a very first wip using 1
million discrete objects. Obviously, if I want to follow this approach
further, I shall need many more objects. Writing their positions (and
testing their visibility in the scene) takes most of the time. This
exercise too about half an hour. Very acceptable.

I have not taken into account the real dimensions of the ring. I should
provide for that too.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message