POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cut-off meshes - how to avoid them? : Re: Cut-off meshes - how to avoid them? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:04:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cut-off meshes - how to avoid them?
From: "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann"
Date: 1 Jan 2015 17:32:09
Message: <54a5cae9@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Am 01.01.2015 um 18:35 schrieb clipka:
> Am 01.01.2015 um 13:02 schrieb "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann":

> Make sure that the scene is translated so that the camera is close to
> <0,0,0>;

O.k., I understand - currently the camera is still at about <6000, 0,
6000> (or so), while Mars sits at the origin.

> the further away you go, the more problematic the bounding
> becomes, as it uses low ("single") precision floating point numbers to
> minimize the bounding tree memory footprint.

May that change in the future? Will there be POV-Ray versions which use
double or even long double floats for bounding?

A smaller epsilon value also sounds tempting...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar