POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cut-off meshes - how to avoid them? : Cut-off meshes - how to avoid them? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:06:41 EDT (-0400)
  Cut-off meshes - how to avoid them?
From: "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann"
Date: 1 Jan 2015 07:02:08
Message: <54a53740@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

While rendering a new version of my Phobos fly-around movie, I pretty
soon found that the mesh2 of the Martian moon is cut off on one or,
sometimes, even on both sides. I tried many settings of overall scaling
values, even translated the whole Solar System so that Mars and its
moons were placed close to the origin, thus avoiding extreme coordinate
values - but whatever I do, the mesh2 is clipped once again (see
attached image below)!

What can I do to get rid of this?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar