POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trio : Re: Trio Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:00:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trio
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jan 2015 05:10:53
Message: <54a51d2d$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/01/2015 01:00, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> It works more effectively with explosives, so I hear.  That's how they
>>> put out some of the big oil fires in Kuwait after the first gulf war,
>>> IIRC.
>>>

>> IIRC the shock wave has more to do with it than the depletion of oxygen.
>> When using explosives. Might be wrong, though.
>
> I seem to recall that the purpose was to evacuate the oxygen - so it's a
> combination of the shockwave pushing oxygen out and oxygen being used up,
> probably. :)

Looks spectacular, doesn't it?

Bye the bye, have you heard of Craig Brown? A British satirist.
About 4 or 5 minutes into this is his methodology for dealing with
fires. John Humphrys (RL bad ass Radio and TV journalist) interviewing
Hamlet prince of Denmark, is cleverly done.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00b7qs7

>> I Don't know about that being much better. If you believe Margaret
>> Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale.
>
> I've been to Vancouver, and it did have a different feel in that regard.
> Probably headed back up there in January for a few days, too.

You're on the French side, are you not?
Bring back some funny stories about their Language Police.

>> You would say that wouldn't you? :-P
>
> But of course. :)
>
>> RIP Mandy Rice-Davies. :-(
>
> I'm not sure I follow that connection.

It is a phrase that has past into the language. Mandy Rice-Davies, who
just died recently, said it in political sex scandal from the early 1960s.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandy_Rice-Davies#.22He_would.2C_wouldn.27t_he.3F.22

Her name also lives on in Hamish Imlach's song to the tune of tupenny rice.

Half a pound for Mandy Rice
Half a pound for Keeler
That the way the money goes,
Ten bob to…

>> It is funny how we can do things correctly the first time but take years
>> to get it right the second time. :-)
>
> Ain't that the truth. :)

I am afraid it is.

--