POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trio : Re: Trio Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:04:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trio
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Dec 2014 07:03:58
Message: <54a294ae$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/29/2014 01:41 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:52:50 +0200, Cousin Ricky <rickysttATyahooDOTcom>
> wrote:
> What country are you in?
> I would prefer Peterborough over SOuth Korea  - 1Gbps!
> I have a 4Mbps connection. there are 8 devices connected via wi-fi plus
> the PC direct connection = 9 devices. And my sons are into on-line
> gaming and everybody except me watches You-Tube a lot.
> Speedtest.net usually tests over 3Mbps {locally}, and downloads have
> never been over 500Kbps(international). I have had pings as low as 9 but
> usually it\s around 300 to bing.com.

I am in the U.S. Virgin Islands, an unincorporated territory of the USA.
  I have never used the Internet outside the USA, but in the states,
I've used it in hotels, government facilities, and private homes, and
the Internet service in the Virgin Islands is /by far/ the worst I have
ever seen.

On a national level, I've heard that South Korea has the fastest
Internet in the world.  On the other hand, if commentary on recent news
is accurate, my little Virgin Islands has about 100 times the Internet
capacity of the entire nation of North Korea. (Day/night!)