POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) : Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl)
From: Chambers
Date: 16 Nov 2008 17:38:09
Message: <54AF6159DA0647B39F34BC8C4DAB5BD5@HomePC>

You're in the minority, then.  Most people found them creepy (even the
people who liked the movie).

> What I found profoundly disturbing about the movie wasn't its quasi-
> realism, but
> its message:  that it is healthy and virtuous to believe things that
> are
> incompatible with reality.

<sarcasm>Yes, it's so unhealthy to believe that there are things you
might not understand or be able to explain, and it's OK to believe in
them anyway.  That's so disruptive for our youth.</sarcasm>

...Chambers