POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Puddle wip : Re: Puddle wip Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:52:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puddle wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Dec 2014 03:28:45
Message: <549bcabd$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-12-2014 17:15, s.day wrote:

> Looks good so far, if you are trying to be more like the Escher image I think a
> brighter sky and less ripples on the water are required the ground/sand looks
> really great though.
>
> I agree that the leaves are probably the weakest part of the image currently
> especially where they overlap the ground.

Thanks Sean. No, I do not want an 'Escher' ;-) I just draw my
inspiration from different sectors. However, the sky could certainly be
brighter and is on my todo list. Concerning the ripples, I looked at the
photograph and thought that 'shivering' aspect of the water really neat.
I will need to scale down the effect still more however.

The leaves are a challenge and not trivial. I am working on a solution
using two trace points per leaf (for a start) and see how it goes. I
need also to concern myself with the collision aspect. I shall dig
through my collection of third party code as I remember a couple of
examples from the past.

Thomas