POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trio : Re: Trio Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:42:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trio
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Dec 2014 13:49:13
Message: <549867a9$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:23:58 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 20/12/2014 20:48, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Or hunting. How can you say that you need a machine gun to hunt.
>>> Unless
>> I still like Robin Williams' (I think it was) suggestion that we should
>> give Bambi some serious firepower to even out the odds.
>>

> A truly, American solution. :-P

But of course.  Every red-blooded American knows that the way you put a
fire out is by adding more gasoline.  ;)

>> It's one of several excuses, yeah.
>>

> LOL You sound rightly P'd off with that one.

You think? ;)

>> Ah, but you can't shoot everyone who's carrying a gun without carrying
>> a gun.;)
>>

> Use automatic gun detectors in all public places.

Automatic gun detectors with their own firepower?  Have you not seen
Terminator? ;)

>> I don't know anyone who can throw as many knives as fast as even a non-
>> automatic weapon, much less a semi- or fully automatic weapon.
>>

> I have been straining my mind to remember the comic charterer, who could
> have done that.

The Knifekateer.  (A common character in the comic strip "Basic
Instructions" - http://basicinstructions.net/)

Then again, the superheroes in that comic, when they appear, aren't that
"super", so it seems that the Knifekateer wouldn't be able to manage
it. ;)

>> I don't have a gun, but I know how to use a number of different
>> varieties because of him.
>>
>> The closest I get to guns these days, though, is playing Borderlands.;)
>
> The way to go. :-)
>
> The last time I fired a gun was at a rifle club's open day about 45
> years ago. I am left eyed dominant and right handed so no use at that.

I've got pretty good aim, or used to - though the second time skeet
shooting, I didn't do so well.  It helps to hold the shotgun tight in
your *shoulder*, not your upper arm.  Doing the latter will give you a
very sore arm, and you won't be able to hit *anything* you intend to.

Jim