POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A secret place : Re: A secret place Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:39:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A secret place
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 12 Dec 2014 01:03:49
Message: <548a8545@news.povray.org>
On 12/11/2014 10:48 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 11-12-2014 14:35, Stephen wrote:
>> 1. What is a conscience?
>> 2. Art is the exception and this is art.
>> 3. (Thank the Victorians for making the human body taboo) ;-)
>
> I have always wondered how some people view the Venus of Milo (for
> instance) or the Laocoon. Probably they don't view them...
>
> Without saying, I entirely agree with your three points. With one
> reservation: I would blame the /bourgeois/ society of that time, not
> necessarily the Victorians alone; and the Church of course.
>
> Thomas

How about the right-wing dominionist oligarchs of /our/ time.  Our
attorney general under King George the W, John Ashcroft, had the statue
of Lady Justice draped during his tenure, as he deemed her
insufficiently clad.

P.S. For the past few days, I have been unable to login to the
newsgroups via the Web interface.  I enter my email and password, and
all it does is redisplay the login page.  Is anyone else having this
problem?

I'm using openSUSE 13.1 GNU/Linux, and it doesn't matter which browser I
use.