POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A secret place : Re: A secret place Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A secret place
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Dec 2014 09:48:53
Message: <5489aed5$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-12-2014 14:35, Stephen wrote:
> On 11/12/2014 13:10, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> Since you mention it. I don't think that she should wear a bra. She is a
>>> free spirit. Au natural as Nature intended.
>>>

>> Oh but think about all those innocent eyes browsing the internet! You
>> would lead them into frightful temptations (or worse). You don't want to
>> have /that/ responsibility on your conscience, do you? ;-)
>>

> 1. What is a conscience?
> 2. Art is the exception and this is art.
> 3. (Thank the Victorians for making the human body taboo) ;-)

I have always wondered how some people view the Venus of Milo (for
instance) or the Laocoon. Probably they don't view them...

Without saying, I entirely agree with your three points. With one
reservation: I would blame the /bourgeois/ society of that time, not
necessarily the Victorians alone; and the Church of course.

Thomas