POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Toroidal media : Re: Toroidal media Server Time
3 May 2024 05:45:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toroidal media
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Dec 2014 04:24:32
Message: <54841cd0@news.povray.org>
The best way to achieve my initial question in p.advanced-users is the
solution given by Alain: using a torus function for the density:

#local Radius = 30;
#local F_pig = pigment {function {f_torus(x,y,z, 1.0, 0.15)}};

torus {1.0, 0.15
   hollow
   material {
     texture {
       pigment {rgbt 1}
     }
     interior {
       media {
         intervals 1
         samples 10
         emission 0.5/Radius
         density {
           pigment_pattern {F_pig}
           color_map {
             [0.8 rgb <0,1,0>]
             [1.0 rgb <1,0,0>]
           }
         }
       }
     }
   }
   scale Radius
   rotate 10*x
   rotate 15*z
}

Now, I need to investigate further in combining this with toroidal warps
and other media matter. My ultimate goal is to achieve a credible Milky
Way that can be seen from a planet for instance.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'planetgenesis.png' (191 KB)