POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Torus media : Re: Torus media Server Time
20 May 2024 21:54:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus media
From: Alain
Date: 6 Dec 2014 13:48:06
Message: <54834f66$1@news.povray.org>
Le 14-12-06 08:25, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> On 06/12/2014 14:05, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> I don't know how to do this: I would like a torus filled with a pattern
>> similar to the spherical or cylindrical patterns, i.e. going from 1 (at
>> the small radius centre) to 0 (at the small radius boundary). Any idea?
>>
>> Thomas
>
> warp ? toroidal
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Warp

Not what was asked.
This will wrap a pattern around a torus.

The question is about a pattern returning 1 at the major radius of a
torus and dropping to zero at minor radius. Similar to spherical,
cylindrical and planar.

Curently, there is no "toric" pattern. It can be done using a function
as a pattern based on the torus equation.