POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : playing with planet : Re: playing with planet Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:50:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: playing with planet
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Dec 2014 07:24:25
Message: <547f00f9@news.povray.org>
On 2-12-2014 23:39, eticre wrote:
> hallo everybody
> I am absolutely newbie with povray, this is what I have realized in the last
> 4billions years of life.
>
> I have post in scene-file the code

Excellent work! I can hardly name you a newbie, even less an /absolute/
newbie. Your textures are very well made.

Interestingly, I have been working for some time now (less than 4
billion years) on exactly the same thing but with some differences. My
latitudinal approach is similar to yours; however, I am using
height_fields for the topography and the texture is thus also altitude
dependent. I attach an example of the state of the art.
For the background I have used Chris Colefax's galaxy macros, which are
in need of some upgrade ;-)
http://reocities.com/SiliconValley/lakes/1434/galaxy.html

For the height_fields I use a little application called PlanetGenesis
http://planetgenesis.sourceforge.net/ and the clouds come from the Nasa
http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_cat.php?categoryID=1484&p=3

Thomas

Post a reply to this message