POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media Problems : Re: Media Problems Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:40:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Problems
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Dec 2014 04:02:07
Message: <547d800f$1@news.povray.org>
And there is more: the scaling of the Sun & scattering media. Those
should be coupled. For that do this:

#declare MyScale = <200, 200, 10>;

On the scattering media line do this (example):

         scattering {
           1, <.1,.5,1>*5000/MyScale
           extinction  1.50
         }

And in the object block for the Sun, set: scale MyScale.

In that way you can scale the Sun however you want without changing the
visual aspect of the media. One word of caution: I always am weary of
asymmetrical media scaling. So, I personally prefer to use <200,200,200>
instead of <200,200,10> when I can avoid it.

With all this I have not yet got the Uberpov aspect in official POV, but
I am working on it :-)

Thomas