POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces : Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces
From: scott
Date: 28 Nov 2014 03:41:17
Message: <5478352d$1@news.povray.org>
> Adding an inside_vector when not needed can't cause any harm.

That's what I always assumed.

> It only
> add a way to decide if any point is inside a mesh or not.
> The ability of detecting the insideness may, in some particuliar cases,
> cause a mesh to render differently when there are enclosed triangles.

So in the case that the mesh renders differently, that means the mesh
needs inside_vector to be rendered correctly? Try adding inside_vector
to the OP's scene, it renders quite differently (the internal faces
dissappear), so that is why I concluded that inside_vector was needed.