POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces : Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Glass-like block and problem with inner faces
From: Alain
Date: 26 Nov 2014 15:01:59
Message: <547631b7$1@news.povray.org>

> Thanks for the answers, here is the link of my scene:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/au2t9g5l7btmhqu/Block3D.png?dl=0
>
> As you can see, some faces are shared between two cubes.
> The whole block is defined by one "mesh2" object, in which I have defined
> several triangles to make a cube. The whole block is made of these cubes.
> The problem is, that I have a transparent block and I would like these inner
> faces do not appear. I have also tried to apply the "merge" function to my whole
> block but it didn't work.
>
> I'm looking forward to read you.

There is no way to make those interior faces disappear except by actualy
removing them from the mesh.

A beter aproach would be to only define the actual faces, possibly using
only 2 triangles per actual face, or use an "unit" box that you then
scale to the desired dimention.

My prefered way would be to use the box primitive with the desired
dimention.

Alain