POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : screenplay script and text to speech : Re: screenplay script and text to speech Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: screenplay script and text to speech
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 25 Nov 2014 15:53:04
Message: <5474ec30$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/11/2014 21:11, Leroy wrote:
>  I been playing around with animating robots. You know getting them to
> walk, talk and fall down. So the next step is to put them in a little
> story. I'm no writer. But I did write up a little scene with two robots
> talking and doing stuff.
>   I used a text to speech program (Zebspeech)to do the voices. But I
> don't like having to record the whole text in each voice the editing
> them together. And the voices where a little flat.(more editing)
>  The prefect program for me would be one that could read my script
> dropping all the stage directions and speaking the appropriate voice,
> with some emotional control over each voice.
>  Any one heard of such a thing or do I have to make it?

I remember a long time ago, when I had windows, the soundblaster card
came with such kind of voice synthetizer, with a syntax to change the
module (aka voice).

On linux, Festival has a mode to process commands, and it's then easy to
switch to another voice. It just make the normal text a bit cumbersome,
as it must be inserted in commands too (SayText...)
(well, Festival is not linux centric, so there is some binary for
windows too... if you like terminal...)

The nice thing, there is even a command to save to a wave file.

The hard thing: it's hard to get new voices.
--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)