POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone use datetime? : Re: Anyone use datetime? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:40:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone use datetime?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Nov 2014 04:11:12
Message: <5472f630$1@news.povray.org>
Le 22/11/2014 18:43, Leroy a écrit :
> Your right about the time zone. I check out every thing you said. No luck.
>
> So is the problem my XP or is it in POV 3.7?

you forget the third component: the one between the screen and the chair
(no offense intended), it's the one that matter in the end.

You can either:
* move your XP to have its clock as UTC (but that might be problematic
for some already installed programs). Btw, the XP clock does not show
any UTC setting, at best you can opt for Greenwich without summer-saving
adjustment.
* add a %z or similar in the format string to copy the time-zone setting
(so 1:30pm local is displayed 7:30pm -0600 ), then the date and time
should be correct but its reading is harder (that's where the third
component came in play)
* if your script is local (not to be shared with someone in Tokyo),
adjust the now parameter as now-0.25 for your situation (and season, yep
you can be screwed in 6 months by a different offset)

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.