POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Game (aka Meet the Major) : Re: Game (aka Meet the Major) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game (aka Meet the Major)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Nov 2014 07:17:00
Message: <5471d03c@news.povray.org>
On 23-11-2014 12:19, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:09:01 +0200, Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg>
> wrote:

>>> Looks great Thomas, the ground looks a lot better with the added debris.
>>>
>>> Sean
>>>
>> Thanks Sean. I am not entirely satisfied yet with the ground.
>> Something is eluding me there which I am trying to solve. But then, it
>> might also be that I leave things alone and only do the research :-)
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Maybe slightly less green in the colour of the orangy parts(unless the
> orange symbolizes something ;)
> or desaturate it a bit by bringing the rgb values closer to each other.
> Or maybe a bit of both.

No. I am ok with the textures as such. I am investigating some ideas I
have concerning the generation of height_fields and issues that can
derive from that. The basic ground feature here btw, is /not/ a
height_field but a mesh generated by HF_square. No problem there, though
I want to explore its relationships with real height_fields.

Thomas