POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reading a colour on an object : Re: Reading a colour on an object Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:51:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading a colour on an object
From: Alain
Date: 11 Nov 2014 19:13:15
Message: <5462a61b$1@news.povray.org>

> I searched around a bit, but didn't seem to find much of use.
> There was some mention of coupling trace with eval_pigment, but I didn't see any
> code or elaboration on that idea...
>
> What's an "object pigment"?
> It seemed to be something along the lines of
>
> pigment {object {Something} }
>
> Is / was that some sort of experimental thing / MegaPov?
>
> Maybe LeForgeron knows a way to do this - he's got a ton of clever stuff that he
> works on...
>
> POV-Ray obviously needs to work with just such information in order to generate
> the rendered image.   I wonder if there's a way to patch into that, or write a
> separate object property querying function...  y'know, for 4.0....

object pigment is a block pigment, in a way, similar to checker. It
demand 2 pigments or textures: The first to be used inside the reference
object, and the second to be used outside.
It's used on an object larger than the controll object.
A use would be to add some text to an object, that text been controled
by a text object. You can then use a warp to have that text warp around
some object.