POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A sphere over a checkered plane : A sphere over a checkered plane Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:03:34 EDT (-0400)
  A sphere over a checkered plane
From: Raiford, Michael
Date: 10 Nov 2014 13:50:13
Message: <546108e5@news.povray.org>
Part of a series of renderings I'm doing for my desktop backgrounds on
my work computer.

err.. rather an isosurface.

The checkering of the sphere was actually a pretty simple function
(using the contained_by shape to define the sphere.)

function {(sin(f_th(x,y,z)*13) * sin(f_ph(x,y,z)*13) * sin(f_r(x,y,z)*15))}

The isosurface is then rotated to the proper orientation. :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chextest8.png' (1470 KB)

Preview of image 'chextest8.png'