POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Meet the Major [wip] : Re: Meet the Major [wip] Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:51:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet the Major [wip]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Nov 2014 08:10:35
Message: <5460b94b@news.povray.org>
On 10-11-2014 12:17, s.day wrote:
> A good start, the character looks excellent and I really like the atmosperic
> effects with the sky/sun/fog and the snake like creature off in the distant.

Thanks Sean.

> I am not familiar with this character or story, who is the that at the bottom of
> the other ladder? Also do the other two ladders have missing rung's or is that
> an issue with the render?

For the time being, a stand-in. Missing rungs is a render issue. This is
improved with stochastic rendering, although render time is much
increased. I still have to experiment for the best balance.

The story is independent of any from the original stories, I try to
incorporate my story into its universe.

Does the choice of scene attributes ring a bell? ;-)

> Not sure what else you are planning for this but the obvious thing for
> improvement is the ground texture and some further detail to be added in the
> foreground to make the scene more interesting but I like the current
> ladder/tunnel going further down.

The ground texture itself will not really be changed. It is supposed to
be related to so-called 'patterned grounds' in periglacial areas.
However, I have now added rocks etc. Maybe more is needed...

Thomas