POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Meet the Major [wip] : Re: Meet the Major [wip] Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:05:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet the Major [wip]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Nov 2014 10:15:43
Message: <545f851f$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-11-2014 15:19, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:14:53 +0200, Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg>
> wrote:
>
>> On 9-11-2014 11:41, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>>
>>> The contraposto seems exaggerated. I did a test by carrying a bag in my
>>> hand in front of a mirror. The shoulder of the arm carrying the bag was
>>> lower than the other. So I would suggest basically mirroring the figure
>>> pose or putting the bag in the other hand.
>>>

>> Yes, but...
>>
>> If the bag is heavy, you will lift the carrying shoulder :-)
>>
>> http://www.pinterest.com/pin/123637952244179749/
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Ok, then you need to turn the shoulder a bit back and above the left leg
> and bring the arm closer to the body as in the above example on
> pinterest. Maybe also make the hips more parallel to the shoulders.

Hmm... The shoulder could be a bit more to the back indeed; the arm
closer to the body is hardly possible because of the volume of the bag
which is now (almost) touching the leg, well, it can be done a bit more
maybe; shoulder- and hip lines: no. I want to keep them counter-rotated
for a more tense and dynamic pose.

Thomas

Thomas