POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: mermaid (nsfw) : Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:06:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Nov 2014 03:19:16
Message: <545dd204$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-11-2014 1:22, Tim Cook wrote:
> Looks like all mesh2s exported from Moray have this issue.  Other
> interesting thing about PoseRay is it doesn't seem to like quads in .obj
> files much, which is a pity because if you want to go back and forth
> between things, it's a nuisance having to re-quadrangulate all the
> triangles.

This is /not/ my experience with Poseray. I model exclusively in
Silo-built quads through .obj files and never got a problem. Poser also
exports as quads with same smooth workflow. So, something else must be
hurting you.

> ...anyhow, here's a bit more progress on the project.  Render time 17 m
> 26 s in POV 3.7, still entirely done within Moray.  Had dumped it out
> and was poking around with things in Maya, but I want to show off what
> Moray is capable of on its own (well, with some intermediating on the
> part of PoseRay to turn the two halves of an unsubdivided mesh into a
> single mesh since Moray can't do that for some reason), maybe inspire
> code-monkeys to care about its potential fate.  ^_^;

The results are indeed impressive. A clear signal to the code-monkeys... :-)

[woop?! woop?! woop?!]

Thomas