POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray is getting some bad press over some Intel-compiler shenanigans. : Re: POV-Ray is getting some bad press over some Intel-compiler shenanigans. Server Time
20 Jun 2024 08:00:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray is getting some bad press over some Intel-compiler shenanigans.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Nov 2014 13:23:12
Message: <545bbc90$1@news.povray.org>
On 06.11.14 14:34, Francois Labreque wrote:
> I hate to rehash 10 year old dirty laundry, but this guy is bad mouthing
> POV-Ray for something the Intel compiler was doing without the POV team's
> knowledge...

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/193480-intel-finally-agrees-to-pay-15-to-pentium-4-owners-over-amd-athlon-benchmarking-shenanigans

Seems like he is a conspiracy theorist of some sort. Who on their right mind
keeps a ten year old binary around for such purpose!?! - Usually trying to
argue with such people is like arguing with any other mentally ill person.
Any argument will get nowhere as reason isn't anything these people want to
grasp as it does not fit their image of the world. Best to ignore him.
Anything reasonable argument will just convince him he is "right" and others
are going after him because of an imagined conspiracy.

Thorsten