POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:41:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Alain
Date: 5 Nov 2014 12:13:01
Message: <545a5a9d@news.povray.org>
Le 14-11-05 06:26, Stephen a écrit :
> On 04/11/2014 23:37, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>
>>> What does it look like without the isosurfaces?
>>
>> There's not a single isosurface in the scene.  I figured it might have
>> something
>> to do with going through the bulb glass, then the lampshade glass, but
>> I get the
>> same effect when I just use a looks_like {sphere}....
>>

> It is your mention of Max_Trace that made me think of isosurfaces.
> If you were thinking of Max_intersections. Do you know that PovRay
> reports the current settings and maximum number of intersections in the
> message window?
>
> For instance:
>
> Render Statistics
> Image Resolution 1024 x 768
>
> Pixels:           787456   Samples:         3341776   Smpls/Pxl: 4.24
> Rays:            5439099   Saved:            359357   Max Level: 9/20
>
> Ray->Shape Intersection          Tests       Succeeded  Percentage
>

> Max Level: 9/20 means that max_intersections is set to 90 and 9 is the
> largest number Pov found when rendering.

The Max Level entry is for max_trace_level and always apply. The
presance of any isosurface don't mather.
This mean that, in this case, a single ray can have up to 20 reflections
or refractions before POV-Ray gives up.

There are no messages regarding max_intersections.
max_intersections/all_intersections applys only to isosurfaces that are
part of difference/intersection.

Alain