POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:55:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Alain
Date: 4 Nov 2014 21:08:29
Message: <5459869d$1@news.povray.org>

>> On 4-11-2014 4:12, Bald Eagle wrote:
>>> I'm gonna guess that this is a max trace level issue...
>>>

>> But radiosity is switched off in this scene surely??
>>
>> Thomas
>
> It surely was, but enabling it didn't do much except add a bit of "fill light"
> to the dark region.  I'm no longer sure it's a max_trace_level thing, since I
> commented out the glass of the bulb, and raise MTL from 5 to 7 ....  Must have
> something to do with the looks_like {Filament}?
>
> I've only ever tried using light bulbs or looks_like a few times before, and
> it's always a frustrating experience.

Try max_trace_level 255. If the isue is still there, then, it's probably
something else.

In this scene, I'd forget modeling the whole bulb and only use a small
sphere with looks_like. Anyway, the bulbs are realy small compared to
the rest. Only resort to the fully modelled bulbs if you ever render a
close up view of the chandelier or the fixtures.