POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering POVRay Images at different camera positions(translations and rota= : Re: Rendering POVRay Images at different camera positions(translations and rota= Server Time
16 May 2024 08:09:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering POVRay Images at different camera positions(translations and rota=
From: Alain
Date: 4 Nov 2014 20:58:28
Message: <54598444@news.povray.org>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a txt file containing a list of camera positions at which I'd like to
> render my scene at. The scene is an obj file converted to POVRay format (.pov,
> ..inc, .mat, .ini etc. using poseray) and there are around 60K tokens so it
> spends a lot of time parsing this scene file when I send a render command for
> instance
>
> "
> Render Stream to console........On
> Statistics Stream to console....On
> Warning Stream to console.......On
> ==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
> Parsing 18284K tokens
>
> "
>
> The image renders quickly after it is done parsing. I'm issuing a fresh
> rendering request every time I render the scene at a different camera position.
> Is there any possibility of rendering all the images within one rendering
> instance without having to re-parse it every time? This would save me a huge
> amount of time. I know animation can be helpful here but I don't know how to use
> it together with the camera positions (numbered from 1 to N). If you have any
> suggestions, it would be of immense help.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Kind Regards,

For an animation using the defined camera positions, you have a few options:

1) In a loop using frame_number as a controll value, read your
positions, stopping at the desired one.

2) Read all the positions at once and place them in an array, say,
Cam_Pos[xx]. Next, use a specific element:
camera{location Cam_Pos[frame_number] look_at 0}

By the way, 60K tokens is not even large. I have scenes with a tokens
count 2 order of magnitude larger... And the source is less that 4Kb.
The joy of loops.

Alain