POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:58:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Nov 2014 08:16:02
Message: <5458d192$1@news.povray.org>
On 4-11-2014 14:04, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> On 4-11-2014 4:12, Bald Eagle wrote:
>>> I'm gonna guess that this is a max trace level issue...
>>>

>> But radiosity is switched off in this scene surely??
>>
>> Thomas
>
> It surely was, but enabling it didn't do much except add a bit of "fill light"
> to the dark region.  I'm no longer sure it's a max_trace_level thing, since I
> commented out the glass of the bulb, and raise MTL from 5 to 7 ....  Must have
> something to do with the looks_like {Filament}?

Not necessarily the look_like, I suspect it might be the light bulbs
themselves. Why not just go with simple lights, without any bulb around
them? They will not be visible once the shades are in place. If that
works, you can add looks_likes represented by simple small spheres with
high emission. I think wanting to model the bulbs is overkill in this scene.

Thomas