POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Alain
Date: 3 Nov 2014 10:41:08
Message: <5457a214$1@news.povray.org>

> Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>> Looks like your shades may not let the light pass through, or maybe the
>> lights are accidently located inside an opaque part of your fixtures.
>
> I have the point light sources moved to the proper positions now, what I need to
> do is give the impression that there is actually a light THERE - not necessarily
> a filament, but that radiating glow that emanates out through the glass.
> My knee-jerk reaction is to incorporate media...

No need for media.
If using radiosity, a look_like sphere, or any shape you may want, with
an emissive finish will do.
Another way would be to use the back side illumination feature. Simply
adding a second value to the diffuse parameter turn that on. (diffuse
0.1 0.7 will diffuse mostly from the back side) Works great with radiosity.

If using photons, beter add photons{pass_through} to the fixture.