POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : flowering dandelion : Re: flowering dandelion Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flowering dandelion
From: Sean Day
Date: 31 Oct 2014 20:13:49
Message: <545425bd@news.povray.org>
Lawrence W wrote:
> "s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
>> Added the option to have flowers as well as seeds/clock's maybe a bit too bright
>> on the colour for the flower and I think I need to randomise the petals a bit
>> more (have the odd ones slightly more curved) but it is nearly complete.
>>
>> I will upload a new version of the macro once I am happy with it.
>>
>> Sean
>
> Hasn't anyone told you?  You're not allowed to post photos to this site.  ;)
> These dandelions are absolutely incredible.  I love the color variation on the
> stalks and leaves.  You could have skipped the randomization on the petals and
> you'd never know because of the coloring.  Awesome work.

Thanks, the textures are pretty basic and are in the demo file uploaded,
they don't look as good due to the poor quality of HDR probe I uploaded
but a better probe would improve this if you have one.

Been away from my PC this week so have not made any changes to the files
yet but will upload the flower version of the macros in the next few days.

Sean