POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : some issues : Re: some issues Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some issues
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 28 Oct 2014 03:53:10
Message: <544f4b66$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/10/2014 04:58, CAS a écrit :
> This is my experiment, I want to output three pictures:
> The first is the intersection point.My aim is to get coordinates of intersection
> point.The second is the normal vector.My aim is to get normal vector of
> intersection point.The third is the scene image.My purpose is to check whether
> my input is correspondence with my output.But I found the intersection and
> normal  is wrong.I can not get the coordinates and normal of each intersection
> point from my "intersection.bmp" and "normal.bmp".Maybe something was wrong in
> my codes.I have uploaded my codes,expecting someone to give me a help.Thanks.

Your image are bmp, the range of channel in bmp (32 bits true color) is
too small for the information you want.

Give a try to HDR output (+FH).

http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2.1/megapov0121.html#hdr

Next step: having a look in source code of megapov to understand the
data provided by f_output_*

A shame there is no sample scene for pprocess with intersection or normal.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.