POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopic Software : Re: Stereoscopic Software Server Time
21 Jun 2024 02:07:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopic Software
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Oct 2014 05:22:18
Message: <544cbd4a@news.povray.org>
On 26-10-2014 9:54, Stephen wrote:
> On 26/10/2014 08:13, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> But, it is the reason why on goggles, the baseline /is/ extended.
>> Consider also those military stereoscopic viewers. From my own
>> experience with stereoscopic viewers used for aerial photographs,
>> extending the baseline makes objects appear like billboards.
>
> Would that not be more of the "telescopic" effect of the lens's used?

Hmm... I am not sure how much the lens influences the effect indeed. My
guts tell me it is the baseline mostly, but then who would rely on his
guts? :-)

Remember those stereoscopic viewers from our youth? Viewmaster
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/zkFmx_c9QM6C23Ld3Qd6sg
they also had that exaggerated 3D effect, less billboard-like maybe but
still.

Thomas