POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopic Software : Re: Stereoscopic Software Server Time
21 Jun 2024 02:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopic Software
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Oct 2014 15:37:35
Message: <544aaa7f$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/10/2014 20:54, Stephen wrote:
> I am looking for software to create stereoscopic images created in PovRay.
> I have a new “dream machine” with a 3D Vision (Nvidia) screen. I am
> using Anaglyph Maker and it does the job but it has flaws. It only seems
> to work with BMP files and there is no batch function. Other programs I
> have found only output the red/green anaglyphs.
> Any recommendations?
>
> Another thing I need is some sort of tutorial that explains the
> different effects you get by changing the stereo base and the look at
> point for CG rendering. The articles that I have read were for
> photographic cameras not pin-hole cameras and I cannot relate near and
> far depth to PovRay’s cameras.
> If anyone is interested here is a left and right image of a previous
> TC-TRC entry. It is not right and I don’t know what is wrong.
>
> http://imgur.com/a/amCXi#0
> http://imgur.com/a/amCXi#1
>
> (The names have been changed and I think the first one is the Right Eye
> image.)

I have a patch for a stereoscopic camera in povray.

You have to consider a few things:
* what is the distance between the centre of each "eye" ?
* where is the focus point where both centres of picture's rays meet.
* do you want parallel or crossed visualisation

Otherwise, it's pretty like traditional pin-hole camera.

So, did you laterally translate the camera between each render ?
Did both focus on the same spot ?

The camera should move, not the scene.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)