POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: mermaid (nsfw) : Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:54:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 15 Oct 2014 05:23:15
Message: <543e3d03$1@news.povray.org>
On 2014-10-15 02:18, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> When you get this kind of thing it means that something is not
> consistent within the original mesh, congruent faces sharing the same
> edges for example, or deprecated triangles. I don't remember if you can
> search for them in Moray. In Silo, those things appear as soon as
> subdivision is applied. It is then a matter of selecting the offensive
> faces and trying to find the construction error.

Strange that it seems to subdivide fine within Moray.  Ach.

Ran into a few troubles with texturing it due to subdivision issues with
triangles, was considering rebuilding it after planning out edge loops a
little better.  Should go faster second time 'round, eh?

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com